BREAKING NEWS

Friday, January 8, 2016

Why I'm a part of the Mind Key Community, and you should be too. A NewYear's Resolution

Sarah Loukos looking at both Mind Key Anthologies
 as the audience enjoys another artist story.
Last night, in a small town library, seven artists sat in front of a group of people who wanted to listen and learn about our Anthologies. We read from the book, talked about our art or our writing and what our past was like and how living your happiness is what really motivates us to keep doing what we are meant to do in our hearts.

The average age that came to listen was 70 years old.

Now, mind you, I'm not complaining, I'm so happy that at 70+ years old, they are still searching and growing and are full of life, they want to live happy. They chose Mind Key to learn something and to hear our stories.

So, what were you doing? You were busy.  So am I .


Gene Myers reading his poem
 from the Mind Key Anthology.






Being 40 something with a husband and child, job, house, and life, doesn't give time to "make time for your happiness." Everyone is busy, but the amount of time you spend on social media, checking email, watching mindless TV, you could have taken a small amount of time for yourself. You could have seen what going in your own town library and met a new group.


I'm more isolated, I'm less connected, more depressed then I have ever been. All I see are tired moms, running their kids ragged to events and sports and other things no one really wants to do. Even my single friends really don't have much motivation. Not one of my childless or single friends came out to the Mind Key reading from 6:30-8:30.

Again, I understand, you are tired and busy and hey, maybe this isn't your thing. But, you complain, there's nothing to do, no where to go, your job sucks, you're tired.


Sarah Loukos and Jefferson Harman talking with audience
 members and signing autographs of the Mind Key Anthologies.




















Kely Luzio-Cardona sharing her
 passion and happiness to our audience.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A simple New Year's Resolution: Use the joy of Human Connection to find inspiration


I had more fun and connected with people, who, yes, we are all a part of Mind Key, but are all so different, and the wonderful people who came out to hear us read and talk to us after, who bought our book, asked for autographs. It was lovely.

I'm begging you, get off your phones, get out, log off of social media and join a group. Human Connection is so inspiring and so important.  I'm inspired by the one night I had at a local library.


Rachel Bertoni talking about her passion
 in her art of jewelry making and fine arts.

Find your inspiration, self, and joy. Connect with the actual world. Not the cyber world.









Share this:

Post a Comment

 
Back To Top
Copyright © 2014 Mind Key, the blog. Designed by OddThemes