BREAKING NEWS

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

The vibrant art of Dana Bree




This weekend at the Trinity Summer Fest (at the Sussex County Fairgrounds in Augusta, N), Dana Bree of Stonebear Design will be exhibiting and selling her original artwork as well as archival fine art prints of cards and matted artwork.  Dana draws upon a vast well of personal experience and vision/dreamwork in her art.  Her work is truly visionary and inspirational, and each piece represents a profound moment or vision from her life.

All artwork exclusive property of Dana Bree©2014. May not be reproduced, copied or used in any way without the express written permission of Dana Bree.



"The visions I get from dreaming have always been an important part of my paintings and drawings.
Sometimes it is only a small element in the corner of a painting, at other times it becomes the whole painting. A person or landscape or bird or beast may speak to me in a unique way. The fantastic in color and fabric and costume stimulate the creative in me as well as the metaphysical elements of my meditations.
I lived in Africa for 5 years and the sights and sounds and dreams I had will forever influence the visions I see. I traveled across the Kalahari in Botswana, and slept by a river while lions roared in the night. I camped in a dry riverbank in Zimbabwe and awoke with the ground rumbling and the voices of elephants and rhinos speaking to me from my dream. This riverbed turned out to be an ancient elephant trail.
I lived on an island in the Indian Ocean and dived among the glorious neon colored fish and corals.
I rafted down a jungle river in Guatamala and climbed up to the top of a pyramid covered by vines and hidden from view where I saw the sun rise surrounded by mist filled jungles.
These and many other experiences left an indelible mark on my psyche. I have barely touched all of the images that came to me and continue to fill my dreams."

Dana Bree of StoneBear Design


Learn more about Trinity Summer Fest and the practitioners and vendors you can find there this weekend in this week's blog roll:

BLOG ROLL:


Share this:

Post a Comment

 
Back To Top
Copyright © 2014 Mind Key, the blog. Designed by OddThemes