BREAKING NEWS

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Rosies Weenie Cart: Hot dogs and smiles with a twist

After working in corporate for many years, Rosario D’Rivera of Rosie’s Weenie Wagon found herself struggling when her business closed up shop and moved halfway across the country.

“I was so distraught and desperate that I sat down in front of the computer one day and just asked God to guide me in the direction he was planing on taking me,” she said.

That’s how she discovered hot dog carts as a business and took the simple concept levels beyond what most people are familiar.  The cuisine chose her, she said, as her Cuban mother taught her to cook (including black beans).  She also drew upon her experience as a waitress and manager of an East LA Mexican restaurant in Hoboken in order to deal with not only food service, but customer service as well.

Rosie sells hot dogs, nachos, Sloppy Roes (her my take on Sloppy Joes), and rice and beans.

“My marketing niche is fun food, ‘concoction’ dogs w/different toppings, and a fun and smile filled experience, especially for kids.”

Rosie enjoys being her own boss and, although it was a bit of an adjustment, not having to answer to anyone but herself.

“I love what I do and I run the business all on my own.  It’s the hardest I have ever worked in my life….but the rewards are incredible.  I’ve been blessed with incredible followers including my favorites, their children and even their pets.”


Check out Rosie’s Weenie Cart at Van Saun Park in Paramus, NJ and every Wednesday starting September 24th at the food truck court in Overpeck Park in Leonia, NJ.

www.rosiesweeniewagon.com
facebook.com/RosiesWeenieWagon
@MyWeenieWagon

Learn more about food trucks on this week's
BLOG ROLL


Share this:

2 comments :

  1. Loved the piece Danielle!! thank you so much! come by Overpeck Sept 24th for lunch and claim your Rosie Dog!!...lol

    ReplyDelete

 
Back To Top
Copyright © 2014 Mind Key, the blog. Designed by OddThemes