BREAKING NEWS

Friday, September 12, 2014

Dark Side of the Moo: What’s in that burger?

Dark Side of the Moo, owned by Tyrone Green, specializes in Americana with a twist, such as alligator sausage and kangaroo burgers.   They also offer traditional dishes, like pulled pork and hamburgers.  

Green conceived the idea for his cart in Hoboken in the aftermath of Superstorm Sandy, when food trucks saved the day by providing hot meals to locals. He discovered his niche when he realized he could pool together his love of traditional American fare with his extensive travel experience.


“I’ve been lucky enough to have traveled quite a lot, Green said.  “Wherever I go I always look for street meat. In poorer countries some people have to eat the cheaper cuts of meat. As a result they get creative with seasoning and can produce the best food. I love that.”

A survivor of the corporate world, Green found that despite the exhausting nature of running a food truck, his stress levels have been greatly reduced.  He’s lost weight due to the activity of running a truck, his heart rate has dropped and his eyesight has actually improved since he is no longer looking at a monitor all day.

“My favorite part is when people come up and say, ‘that was the best burger I've ever had’,” Green said. “I never take anything for granted. I've had people say ‘I’ve drove two hours to check you out.’ That's very humbling.”

Discover the Dark Side of the Moo:

@TheMooFoodTruck


Learn more about food trucks on this week's
BLOG ROLL

Share this:

Post a Comment

 
Back To Top
Copyright © 2014 Mind Key, the blog. Designed by OddThemes