BREAKING NEWS

Friday, May 29, 2015

The truth behind past lives, parallel lives and future lives

I enjoyed reading our writers talk about their belief systems regarding past lives, parallel lives and future lives this week.  The topic has always been one of great interest to me.

Some people simply believe in reincarnation—from a young age there’s an innate understanding that they’ve been here before, or known things they have no business knowing.  For me this manifested in a few simple moments throughout  my childhood.

Me and my soul kitten, Briar Rose
I recall being four or five and thinking, fiercely, that I was so happy I had been born a human rather than a cat (which at that time, and in many ways still is my favorite animal).  I had no concept of reincarnation… but I felt certain at that moment that I had once been a cat and was happy to now be human.

I was sheltered in a small Catholic school, but even as a tween I recall arguing with a friend that there was no such thing as hell.  That a god that loved us as much as our god surely wouldn’t send us to hell, but would be more likely to send us back to Earth until we got it right.  Also, I continued, if a truly good person went to heaven but didn’t feel as if they had completed their work here and wanted to return to do more good for others, why would God keep them in heaven instead of letting them return.  Surely an all-powerful God would have the ability to send someone back if s/he wanted.  And by the same token, how could someone who felt an incredible need to do more good on Earth be at peace in a place that is supposed to be all-peace?

These were things I not only intuitively knew in my heart to be true, but that I felt fiercely about.  There were no books or readings or influence from anyone in my life to give me insights like this.  Instead it simply made sense to my adolescent brain… and it still does.

Future lives, on the other hand, have their own flavor.  They began to make sense to me after watching the series “Lost.”  Don’t laugh.  The way I look at time, the timeline of my life, and the possibility of past, present, parallel and future lives shifted immensely, and the show (which I Netflixed all at once over the course of a couple months) put a lot of the pieces of my multiple belief systems together. 

When we experience a lifetime has absolutely nothing to do with when that life happens chronologically.  Our future lives may have already happened, or may be happening now.  Changing our past doesn’t change our future… changing our life changes our life.  Period.

As for parallel lives, I have my mother to thank for that… as I couldn’t even wrap my brain around the concept until she said one day in passing, “maybe that woman seems so familiar because you know her in a parallel life.”  That statement had me strung up for days.  But in the end, parallel lives aren’t that conceptually difficult for a dreamer and a writer like me.  I live many lives at once… and who’s to say I remember them all?  Part of me believes I am the guide for some of my most powerful guides in a parallel life where they are physical, and I visit in spirit.  And who’s to say it’s not true?



Me and my soul sisters, Grace and Carol
Other instances have confirmed my belief in past and parallel lives.  Incredible emotional upheavals as a result of scenes in books, television and film, intense moments of deja vu, people I know too well after having known for only moments (you know who you are!), and partners that I know I’ve worked with before, over and over.  There are the visions, too… like the time I walked down a pier off a boat, having stepped foot in Seattle for the first time ever (someplace I’d wanted to visit for no particular reason since I was a young child)… how curious that my first step in Seattle was off a boat and my vision was of walking down a pier to meet my husband, Pat. Except in my vision he wasn’t my husband, we looked completely different, and there was an incredible sorrow of loving him but not being able to be with him.  The feeling almost brought me to my knees… and even Pat agreed that it was a strange feeling walking down that pier together.

our first view of Seattle

Then there are the parallel lives when friends and I meet in dreams, have similar dreams on the same night… but those are stories for another blog…

What are your experiences of deja vu, past lives, or your understanding of parallel lives?  The more we share our unbelievable beliefs, the clearer the picture becomes.

Share this:

1 comment :

  1. Really interesting and food for thought.
    Yes I had not thought about it very much as an adult
    You kinda take all sorts for granted and think wonderful thoughts where everything is possible in time and space when you are a child and seem to loose them along the way but if you are lucky you have an experience like our one in Belcastel and suddenly things start to make sense or nonsense again

    ReplyDelete

 
Back To Top
Copyright © 2014 Mind Key, the blog. Designed by OddThemes