BREAKING NEWS

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

The Connection of Parallel Lives



I’ve never been sold on the whole ‘you live, you die, and that is it!’ idea.  As a very young child I’ve felt a connection to some higher force, a spiritual being who watched over me and had a plan for my life.  At that age I didn’t know what it was or what it meant, and it took several years of self discovery and spiritual journeys to finally realize where my beliefs stood.  I’ve met countless people that cover both ends of the spectrum; from adamant atheists to deeply devoted Christians.  I’ve also met Hindus and Muslims, New Age spiritualists, Pagans, and others who simply didn’t wish to be labeled but walk on their own spiritual path.  We may be different from each other, but there’s a common thread connecting us all.  The belief that life is precious and unpredictable.

What is the meaning of a lifetime?  Can it be measured in more than moments or years?  Does the lifetime we currently live have more meaning than what we witness from day to day?

To most historians or scientists, a lifetime is a linear progression of a living being.  I like to look at lifetimes in a more detailed observation.  Lifetimes are happening millions of times through the spectrum of time and space.  Our life is parallel to billions of others, each one running its course on tracks that never meet or that clash head first into one another.  Our bodies live this current lifetime and label it the present, but the continuum of our entire existence isn’t limited to the restraint of time.  The past is what we see when we look as far back to the day we were born.  Our future is the years we have yet to live until we reach the end of our journey. But is there more?

My personal faith system has given me many answers to the span of life as a whole.  As a Catholic, I’ve embraced the promise made on a a cross.  This belief shows me that lifespans as we understand them aren’t entirely precise.  My afterlife is a continuation of my earthly pilgrimage and it has no end in sight.  That means that while my body will cease to exist in the earthly realm, my soul—which has been in me even before my birth [“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you” (Jeremiah 1:5)]”—will travel throughout time in a new, infinite realm.  But, if one looks at this with the traditional lifetime glasses, then it’s easy to label this idea as present (our current life) and future (new, eternal realm).  This is where I go back to ‘my soul has been me even before my birth’.  I believe that God has had a plan for us before conception and birth.  This plan revolves around lives living in parallel unity with millions of others, many dependent on mine. 

It’s pretty overwhelming to think how our lives are intricately entwined with others.  In the spectrum of life spans, the choices we make or do not make, directly impact others and their current and future lives.  This means that by our decisions we influence parallel lives that are strictly dependent on our own journey.  We carry a huge responsibility on our shoulders, yet we can’t consciously begin to understand that phenomena.  But that’s the beauty of it all, isn’t it?  To be part of something so great and so incomprehensible is one of the many parts that make up our life journey. 







Share this:

Post a Comment

 
Back To Top
Copyright © 2014 Mind Key, the blog. Designed by OddThemes