|Photo courtesy of Dr. Doni|
Do you know the difference between allergies and a cold?
Regardless, whether it is a cold or allergies, Dr. Gold said greenish yellow phlegm means that it is no longer an easy fix and proper drainage may be required to avoid infection.
In regards to the flu,Naturopathic doctor, Doni Wilson, says that if you have contracted the flu you could have sudden onset fever, chills, aches, weakness, headache, cough, runny nose and nasal congestion. You may also experience sneezing, vomiting and diarrhea.
- If it becomes bacterial (presence of green or yellow phlegm): Plant based Berbercap or Berbine-500, or Argentyn23, which is a nano-particle form of silver.
- If Pregnant, it is safe to use Triple Flu Defense for a short duration. Doni recommends resting often and gargling with salt water, but to also consult with your doctor or midwife.
- When showering; at the end, run the water as hot as you can tolerate for 30 seconds, then turn the water cold for ten seconds. Repeat these steps 3 times, and finish off with cold water.
- Adding eucalyptus or peppermint essential oil is great to drop into your bath water.
- Hot tea, Herbal Medicinal’ T throat coat and Yogi’s Echinacea immune support are great herbal teas. - Add honey and freshly squeezed lemon for healthy soothing benefits.
- Eat Spicy foods.
- Avoid: Dairy, Alcohol, fatty foods, and sugar.
Remember to always wash your hands and cover your mouth when sneezing and/or coughing!