BREAKING NEWS

Monday, April 18, 2016

Yoga as a creative endeavor

We've all seen the pictures of the un-doable poses.  The poses where the person looks like a freshly baked pretzel, all malleable and stuff.  The folks who are flexible beyond normal person flexibility.
Pose I can't do
Suffice it to say, that's not me.

I have some physical limitations.  My left hip flexor doesn't open and I have some chronic pain.  I work on it, but there's only so much I can do.  Yet, I do yoga.  

Another pose I can't do
Why, you may ask?  Because I love it.  Because yoga helps my creative juices.  I'm not talking Wii fit yoga poses on the balance board that I do in my bedroom as the Wii trainer lady counts for me. I'm talking about an actual yoga class in a "yoga environment".  As I hold a pose and quiet my brain, I'm able to let go of the worries of my day to day life; those loud, demanding everyday voices of stress, need, work, finances and family.

The longer I hold a pose and settle into the processes of my own body, the easier it is to slip into a creative place.  My creative space involves seeing everyday things in a new and creative way. Whether I am talking about photographing them or writing about them, everyday items are marvelous.  Everyday items and seeing them in new and interesting ways are one of my medicines.



****************************






Charla Dury: The Grounding Rod - Focusing your energy in the present moment

Share this:

Post a Comment

 
Back To Top
Copyright © 2014 Mind Key, the blog. Designed by OddThemes