BREAKING NEWS

Friday, September 25, 2015

Mind Key Novel is now "Chimera"

Only a couple days left before I head to Vermont and pitch my novel to Curbside Publishing, agent Marilyn Atlas, and publicist Meryl Moss. 

It's been a wild ride these past few months.  Mere weeks after re-launching Mind Key and the membership program, I discovered that I was a contestant in this amazing contest.  While setting up Mind Key membership, building a blog, publishing an anthology and organizing a festival, I had to finish writing a book that was only half done, make major edits, and then polish it by mid-July.  Whew!

While I have been working fervently to come up with a final title (check!), finish the novel cover (check!), drafting notes and and a powerpoint for my marketing plan (so behind), re-writing my inside jacket cover (mostly done!), and rehearsing a reading of an excerpt of the novel, the judges have been reading my novel and awarding it points.

All of this takes time, and of course money.  It is a lot of work following your dream… but no big gain is made without huge sacrifices.  And even if I lose, I know I've won.  Not just because I've done my best and produced something worthy of my best efforts (which is probably the most important thing), but also because I've learned a lot about writing, editing, business, collaboration, and myself.  Even if I don't win, I have a worthy product that may still be picked up by any of the judges, or another agent or publisher… or that I will publish under the Mind Key label if not.

Please take a moment to check out my Indiegogo campaign and offer a few dollars to help me finish this final leg of my lifelong journey to become published.  I am offering some great perks, but even if you cannot afford to contribute, sharing the love by sharing this project with others will bring me the energy I need to succeed. 

http://igg.me/at/chimeranovel/x/10734824

With thanks and many blessings,
Danielle

Share this:

Post a Comment

 
Back To Top
Copyright © 2014 Mind Key, the blog. Designed by OddThemes