BREAKING NEWS

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

My Mind Key Experience - Tara Ann Lesko


My involvement in Mind Key has given me a new appetite for knowledge and self-expression. Until I met Danielle Rose and started participating in Mind Key the Blog, I had no idea I could be a multi-faceted writer and artist. The topics I have written about for the blog, and the creative spirits I have met through the Mind Key Project have opened an otherwise cynical and one-track mind. Okay, I am still a bit cynical and rough around the edges. But Mind Key has persuaded me to explore boundless realms of creativity and spirituality.




Let me put it this way. If someone told me three short years ago I would be starting a collage party business and studying shamanism or tarot, I would have smacked my forehead in bewilderment. Now, thanks to Mind Key, I am never short on inspiration and affirmation. To date, I am almost finished with my book titled, The Golden Skillet--a memoir about self-discovery, self-acceptance, spirituality, and all the hard knocks in between, and is told through my life-long relationship with food. Recipes included.

  I am also working on a piece of fantasy short fiction and a narrative collection of poems, since poetry will always be my first love. Mind Key has kept me committed to the craft of writing, no matter how overwhelmed my every day gets. As a high school teacher, college teacher, and a third-time-around college student, I make it too easy for myself to put aside writing--one of the few things in my life, besides my dog, that has remained steady and loyal.

This community reminds me that it's okay to not have it all together all of the time, and I have every right as a human being to push aside monotony. My writing and my artwork is proudly featured in the Mind Key Anthology, and I am honored to be the winner of this year's Mind Key Minute Novel Challenge. I can go on forever about how Mind Key has been a blessing to me, but I am sworn to keep this under 500 words, so Peace, Love, and Mac & Cheese. :)

Tara <3

Share this:

Post a Comment

 
Back To Top
Copyright © 2014 Mind Key, the blog. Designed by OddThemes