BREAKING NEWS

Friday, October 31, 2014

NaNoWriMo Wha...?

Happy Halloween, Samhain, and All Hollow's Eve!

This past month has been incredibly busy busy busy.  A major freelance project finally done, a number of articles for the Suburban Trends, trips into the city to see Brian and Wendy Froud and a visit from a very good friend left little time for myself.  I did get to post some of the wonderful stories from people who visited Belcastel, France to study with Brian and Wendy during the summer of 2012, but did not get to post the blogs on faeries that I had planned for this last week of October when the veils between our worlds are so thin.  Well, maybe next week.

During my new moon meditation last week I visioned …. Well, nothing.  This tells me something very important - that right now my focus is to be on… nothing.  By doing so I was assured clarity for my next step.  Knowing that creative writing, something I've done so little of over the past few years, is so important to me, I  have decided to spend this time of "nothing" exploring the mystery of my imagination on paper.

Perhaps giving myself another project is the last thing I need… however, to begin writing creatively again maybe what I do need is a kick in the butt.  So I will be attempting National Novel Writing Month - which for all you non-NaNoWriMos out there is simply a self-imposed challenge to write a 50,000 novel in 30 days.  I won’t be writing a novel, but I will be working on Mind Key by writing various short stories, essays and blogs on the theme of fairy tales and reality - many of which I hope to post here.

 Check out the website to learn more and to discover me, DanielleRoseWriter, and my project, “The Mind Key Chronicles”.  Many thanks to Brian and Wendy Froud, and their newest book "Faeries' Tales" for their continuing insight and inspiration:

 In recognizing what our bodies and spirit have to say to us and the world through our creativity we can actually re/create our reality.  Mind Key the novel is a calling for each of us to take a leap of faith and jump down the rabbit hole of our imagination and turn it to truth.

“The Mind Key Chronicles” will take up the dreams, visions and fairy tales of my own life as I unravel and re-weave them into the reality I know they are.  Expect to see some old characters, old figures and archetypes, as well as some new ideas about the world.

The resulting will be a 50,000 word combination of short stories, essays and blogs about life and what we once considered were fairy tales brought to light.  Maybe even a few sketches or paintings for illustration too.

Are you NaNoWriMoing this year?  Working on something creative and full of imagination?  Comment here, share, or email me and let me know what's up!  I always love to chat creativity :)

Share this:

Post a Comment

 
Back To Top
Copyright © 2014 Mind Key, the blog. Designed by OddThemes