BREAKING NEWS

Monday, July 20, 2015

Charla's story of Mind Key - Charla Dury



I’ve been blogging off and on for nine years.  That’s right, I said 9 whole years!  I started on MySpace (can you believe that I mentioned MySpace to a younger coworker today and he had no idea what I was talking about?) and I gained a tremendous following.  Over 300 subscribers.  I blogged about  family, friends, life, politics, love, kids, poetry (and poetry games) and personal experiences. Pretty much anything.  Except fiction.  I read fiction, I don’t write much of it.  
Sadly sinking MySpace

I blogged on MySpace for a few years, making many new friends along the way.  I created Charlapalooza and Walk The Word (incredibly attended and insanely popular poetry games,) was picked up as a weekly poet on TheBlueDoodle.com and, with the friends I acquired, edited many a story.  

Then one day, MySpace sadly sprung a leak and Facebook grew in its place.

While I am on Facebook, it’s not my thing.  I much preferred the MySpace platform setup.  I loved blogging and having folks eager to see what I wrote and comment to let me know what they thought.  I loved the continuous dialogue of the MySpace blogging platform.

Last year, my friend Danielle Rose (the creator of the MindKey community,) who I had met and befriended on MySpace, approached me about becoming a member of Mind Key, her growing community of dedicated practitioners of personal health and well-being.  People following their  
passion.
www.mindkey.me
At first, I was stymied at how I could contribute.  I’m just a blogger, and at that point I wasn’t even blogging because the platforms available didn’t have the exposure I had come to expect.  OK, so I’m a bit more than a blogger.  I’m a wife, a mother, a full time office and accounting manager, an editor and the treasurer for several community programs.  I was already living a full life as it was!  How could I find time to actively contribute to something so near and dear to my friend’s heart?  

I didn’t want to let her down, though, so I agreed.  I had no idea what to expect.

The Mind Key Project, An Anthology (Cover)
How incredibly I’ve grown through this wonderful process!  Through Mind Key, I’ve begun blogging again at www.charladury.com.  Having the Mind Key Community as support, I’ve gained people who are interested in what I have to say.  I’ve been lucky enough to be part of the MindKey Anthology as both an editor and contributing member.  I’ve also been honored to be one of the first readers of Danielle Rose's Mind Key, the Novel.  Editing my way through the incredible story of Noelle Ricci and her personal growth has helped me grow as a person as well, remembering and cultivating my editorial roots.

Thanks to my membership in the Mind Key Community, I feel like a flower beginning to reopen.   Reaching up and grasping onto more of life’s experiences.

Share this:

1 comment :

  1. Charla, I'm so glad that you've decided to join Mind Key and be a contributing writer. You add a lot of knowledge and your blogs are very interesting. Blogging can be such a powerful experience for both the writer and the reader. Keep up the good work and I look forward to reading more of your work!

    ReplyDelete

 
Back To Top
Copyright © 2014 Mind Key, the blog. Designed by OddThemes